We have structured a highly qualified team of business lawyers, with a thorough knowledge of the particular industries of each of our clients. We are committed to bringing transactions to a successful conclusion, through the specific resolution of any complex situation that may arise during negotiations by means of a multidisciplinary approach encompassing all the legal areas involved in the transaction.
Our attorneys have an extensive experience in M&A transactions, as well as in business reorganizations, and have been involved in many of the most important and complex transactions closed during the past two decades, representing both sellers and purchasers of controlling interests and minority holdings.
We provide a comprehensive and multidisciplinary legal advice, encompassing all the stages of mergers and acquisitions, including:
- Design of the best structure for the transaction, including acquisition financing and creation of the necessary instruments for such purposes, particularly focusing on tax and regulatory aspects.
- Due diligence to identify possible business contingencies, for both the potential purchaser and the setup of the seller’s data room.
- Negotiation and drafting of contracts and documents necessary for the transaction, both in English and Spanish, including, among others, letters of intent, term sheets, stock or assets purchase agreements, merger, spin off and similar agreements, joint ventures and other forms of contractual ventures (UTEs) and shareholders’ agreements.
- Coordination of competitive sale processes, including drafting all the necessary documentation necessary for the tenders’ procedure.
- Development and implementation of voluntary or hostile tender offers, as well as advice in case of defense against hostile acquisition, as the case may be.
- Compliance with notifications, application for authorizations and approvals required by each competent governmental and self-regulated organizations, including the Federal Securities’ Commission (Comisión Nacional de Valores), stock exchanges and corporate, regulatory, environmental and anti-trust authorities, among others.
- Post-closing advice in matters such as business operation and follow-up of possible contingencies derived from the purchase agreements or related to the business.